Bigfoot in West Virginia? Stranger things have been reported in the Mountain State -- wrecked spacecraft, moth men, bat children. Alongside these, a reclusive simian might seem plausible. Could the remote mountains of West Virginia support a bigfoot -- or a family of them?
Bigfoot sightings in West Virginia appear in print and electronic media more often each year. Is this a result of better human access to woodlands, or better human access to the Web? We hope to approach that question soon, but for now, we are citing a few of the more outstanding links to information that might lead some to suspect that at least one bigfoot has been encountered out there.
Looking for Bigfoot in West Virginia?
Tales of bigfoot occur in most every West Virginia county, though tales are most frequently encountered in its rural mountain counties, according to cultural-resource specialist Scott Worley.
"I've encountered sightings across the whole of the state, but most often in the Allegheny Mountains and in the hills of the central state," Worley said. "Braxton, Webster, Pocahontas, and Gilmer counties account for many, as do Raleigh and Fayette, to a lesser extent."
- Recent bigfoot sightings at Sutton Lake have a historic precedents
- Five monsters from the West Virginia hills
- White Thing most ferocious of West Virginia monsters
Tales of Bigfoot in West Virginia
- Bigfoot encounters @ WVGhosts.com
- Bigfoot encounters @ EverythingBigFoot
- Bigfoot encounters @ G.C.B.R.O.
- West Virginia Bigfoot @ Facebook
- Pendleton County Search @ WHSV-TV