The W.Va. Division of Natural Resources will hold 12 public meetings across the state on proposed hunting, trapping, and fishing regulations March 11-12 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Anglers, hunters, trappers, landowners, and other concerned citizens who attend will have an opportunity to review and comment on proposed 2020 fishing regulations, 2020-2021 general hunting and trapping regulations, and current hunting regulations for white-tailed deer, wild turkey, black bear, and boar.
Stephen McDaniel director of the division, said the meetings are informal and arranged for the convenience of the public.
“These public meetings are set up like an open house,” McDaniel said. “This informal meeting style allows people to attend at their convenience.”
Written comments from the public on these proposed hunting, trapping and fishing regulations also are encouraged, he said.
The proposals will be posted on the division website soon. The deadline for receipt of written comments is April 3, 2019.
Anyone interested in attending the meetings scheduled in their areas should note the following dates and locations:
Monday, March 11
- Fairmont – East Fairmont High School (Commons Area)
- Martinsburg – Martinsburg Holiday Inn (Route 81, Exit 13)
- Summersville – Nicholas County High School
- Beckley – Beckley/Raleigh County Convention Center (200 Armory Dr.)
- Milton – West Virginia Pumpkin Park (Office Building)
- Harrisville – North Bend State Park
Tuesday, March 12
- Glen Dale – John Marshall High School (Commons)
- Moorefiel – South Branch Inn (Route 220)
- Buckhannon – Buckhannon-Upshur High School
- Princeton – Chuck Methena Center (Stafford Commons)
- Logan – Chief Logan State Park Conference Center
- Parkersburg – Lubeck Volunteer Fire Department (Route 68 South)