Parsons, West Virginia (WV), the county seat of Tucker County, was settled in 1766 by John Crouch and incorporated in 1893 and named for Ward Parsons, who owned the land on which the town was built. The Black Fork and Shavers Fork of the Cheat River unite at Parsons.
Lodging near Parsons, West Virginia
Parks & Public Recreation
Parsons is situated in the midst of the northern Monongahela National Forest. The near reaches of the Fernow Experimental Forest, part of the Monongahela, extend southward from Parsons, and the Otter Creek Wilderness extends southward beyond the Fernow.
Parsons is located on highways WV-72 and US-250 approximately 14 miles southwest of Thomas, West Virginia, 22 miles northeast of Elkins, West Virginia, and 25 miles northeast of Dryfork, West Virginia.
Map of Parsons, West Virginia
Parsons is located in the Allegheny Highlands Region in eastern West Virginia.