Holley Hills Estate has been a working family farm since it was established in 1885 by James Avis Holley II. Amid forests that surround the Little Coal River, the 296-acre farm extends outward from a central farmstead that includes a poplar-sided two-story residence, a two-room cellar, four barns, and a tool shed. The shed was surmounted by a bellfry, used to signal field workers that meals had been readied. Holley had served as a Circuit Clerk for Lincoln County, as adjutant general and Supreme Court Clerk for the state, and as Mayor of Charleston.
Nomination Form PDF