The population of Sistersville was quite excited when the Wells Hotel opened in January 1895, according to local newspaper clippings. Ephram Wells built the hotel to serve businessmen who came to town as a result of the because of the Sistersville oil boom. The cost of building and furnishings was estimated at $30,000. The hotel was designed by architects W. H. O’Neil. The hotel continued to operate under many owners until J. Wells Kinkaid, grandson of Ephraim Wells, purchased the property in 1965. In 2010, Charles and Kim Winslow purchased the hotel and have continued to operate it as an inn.
Nomination Form PDF