Attorney and oil-and-gas developer John A. Shepherd brought his wife and four daughters to live in Huntington, West Virginia, in Cabell County, in 1910. Architect Harry S. Warne designed their new home, a Neoclassical Revival sitting on just more than four acres. Kenwood was the third home built in Charles Ritter’s exclusive Park Hills subdivision. The attic included a ballroom for entertaining on a grand scale. In 1918 Kenwood was sold to Charles and Widea Watts but was left unoccupied after their deaths. Attorney Jack Jenkins purchased the property in 1967 and began restoration. He converted the carriage house to a guest house. In 2006 Dr. Ali Oliashirazi and wife, Corinna, purchased Kenwood to be their family home.
Kenwood Nomination PDF