Millers Tavern

National Historic Landmark — Wellsburg, West VirginiaBrooke County

First known as “Miller’s Tavern,” the tavern and inn building here at Wellsburg were purchased by the Brooke County Commission in 1973 and used to house the Brooke County Historical Museum. Businessman John Henderson built a riverside warehouse in 1790 and the tavern in about 1794 as part of an effort to improve the wharf area and provide services to commercial traffic from the Ohio River. He leased the tavern to Mr. and Mrs. William Miller, who operated the tavern and inn for more than 50 years.

External Links
Nomination Form PDF

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on TumblrEmail this to someone