National Historic Landmark — Bunker Hill, West Virginia — Berkeley County
The two-acre plat that surrounds the William G. Morgan House is the last remnant of a thousand-acre land patent held by the first European known to have settled in West Virginia — Morgan Morgan, the great-grandfather of William Morgan. William Morgan’s first home, a small brick building with a board-and-batten door built in 1726, survives at the rear of the present Morgan House as an outbuilding. The house is a two-story Greek Revival residence situated on a large lawn with a small creek and mature trees.
Nomination Form PDF