Cedar Grove, West Virginia (WV), a community on the Kanawha River in Kanawha County, was incorporated at at the mouth of Kelley's Creek in 1902, though the locale was the site of Fort Kelley and was the oldest settlement in the upper Kanawha Valley, dating from 1773. When established, a large cedar forest grew at the site. Also known as the Little Brick Church, historic Virginia's Chapel and its adjacent slave cemetery and several other structures of historical importance are located in the community.
Lodging in Cedar Grove, West Virginia
Parks & Public Recreation
The following parks and public recreation areas are located within 20 miles of Cedar Grove.
- Cedar Grove Park
- Daniel Boone Park (Charleston)
- Montgomery Park (Montgomery)
Cedar Grove is located on highway US-60 approximately 25 miles southeast of Charleston, West Virginia, and 12 miles west of Montgomery, West Virginia. Cedar Creek adjoins Glasgow, West Virginia, to the southeast.
Map of Cedar Grove, West Virginia
Cedar Grove is located in the Metro Valley Region in central West Virginia.