The Center Point Covered Bridge at Center Point, in Doddridge County, north of Salem, West Virginia, spans the Pike Fork of McElroy Creek and is a 42-foot-long truss. Its construction was ordered by the Doddridge County Court in consideration of $230. The bridge was privately owned and built by carpenters John Ash and S.H. Smith between 1888 and 1890. Its stone abutments were cut by masons T.C. Ancell and E. Underwood for $976.54. The bridge was in use until 1940.
In 1981, the Center Point Covered Bridge was donated to the Doddridge County Historical Society and restored.
Visit our guide to Covered Bridges to find this bridge location on a map.