Newburg, West Virginia (WV), a community in Preston County, was incorporated in 1868 and was presumably named because it was then the town most recently established on the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O). Newburg, was formerly known as "Stop 88," as the village was 88 miles west of the B&O station at Cumberland, Maryland. Many elements of railroading history surround the town and follow the line of the B&O.
Lodging near Newburg, West Virginia
Newburg is located on highway WV-92 appriximately four miles north the highway US-50 and 12 miles south of Reedsville, West Virginia.