The Greenbrier Valley Brewing Co. has designated a “Giving Tap” program in its tap room near Lewisburg, West Virginia, proceeds from which will be provided to 12 regional non-profits through 2018.
According to Lisa Stansell, marketing manager for the brewery located off U.S. 219 in Maxwellton, one tap will be chosen each month, and 20 percent of the sales from that tap will be donated to a “paired” local non-profit agency.
“Each month we’ll highlight a different non-profit and craft beer. Visitors can learn about our area non-profits and join us in giving back to the Greenbrier Valley by having a pint,” she said.
The following organizations have been chosen for 2018, Stansell said.
- January – Greenbrier Valley Theatre
- February – Carnegie Hall
- March – Greenbrier Valley Community Foundation
- April – Greenbrier River Trail Association
- May – American Lung Association Greenbrier River Trail Bike Trek
- June – Almost Heaven Habitat for Humanity
- July – Greenbrier Humane Society
- August – United Way of Greenbrier Valley
- September – National Apprentice Day
- October – Trillium Performing Arts
- November – American Legion Greenbrier
- December – The Family Refuge Center
The Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company is open 4-9 p.m. Fridays, 2-9 p.m. Saturdays, and 2-5 p.m. Sundays during winter.
See also: West Virginia Breweries