The growing Town of Ravenswood in 1887 commissioned H. O’Blennes, of Marietta, Ohio, to build a new school on a $16,000 budget. The land had been donated by resident Henrietta F. Barre. The school opened with 125 students in August 1988. Topped by a belftry, the large, brick, Eclectic-style building was designed with a playground on each side and four large classrooms on each of its two floors. The school was closed in 1968.
Nomination Form PDF