Grant Town, West Virginia (WV), an incorporated community in Marion County, was established in 1901 by the Federal Coal & Coke Co. and named for its vice president, Robert Grant. The community was earlier settled by the Hibbs, Ballah, McCoy, and Toothman families, who farmed the valley on Pawpaw Creek and the mouth of Tarney Run.
Lodging near Grant Town, West Virginia
Grant Town is located approximately four miles east of Fairview, West Virginia, five miles northwest of the Monongahela River at Rivesville, West Virginia, and 10 miles northwest of the county seat at Fairmont, West Virginia.
Map of Grant Town, West Virginia
Grant Town is located in the Monongahela Valley Region in northern West Virginia.