Reedsville, West Virginia (WV), a community in Preston County, was incorporated in 1906 and named for James Reed, the owner of the land on which a large part of the town was platted. The Phillips-Jones Electric Vacuum Cleaner Plant operated in Reedsville through the early 1900s. It employed many residents of the self-sufficiency community established at Arthurdale, West Virginia, two miles to the southeast.
Lodging near Reedsville, West Virginia
Reedsville is located at the junction of highways WV-7 and WV-29 approximately three miles south of Masontown, West Virginia, eight miles west of Kingwood, West Virginia, and 11 miles north of Newburg, West Virginia.