The online lodging marketplace Airbnb today released a report revealing its most “wish-listed” listings for home-sharing markets in West Virginia.
The company's online “wish-list” function allows users to save listings that they most desire to visit when planning trips to West Virginia. The wish-listed listings in the Mountain State are among the most remarkable on Airbnb’s platform, according to a press release issued today by Ben Breit, a spokesman for the San Francisco-based company's public-affairs department.
Airbnb Inc. allows people to lease or rent short-term lodging venues, including vacation cottages, apartments, home-stays, hostel beds, and hotel rooms, and to participate in or facilitate experiences related to tourism such as walking tours and make reservations at restaurants.
Airbnb tabulated thousands of wish-lists to determine which listing in each city ranked No. 1 for 25 markets across nine geographic regions in West Virginia. More than 800 West Virginians share their lodging facilities via Airbnb, according to the release. Airbnb may be accessed via either its websites or mobile apps for iOS, Apple Watch, and Android.
2018 Top Airbnb Wish-List Properties
Eastern Panhandle Airbnbs
- Berkeley Springs: Moss Hill Secluded Chalet
- Great Cacapon: The Cabin On The Hill
- Harpers Ferry: Skyview Mountain Retreat
- Martinsburg: Mountaintop Retreat
- Shepherdstown: Cozy School Bus Conversion
Hatfield-McCoy Mountains Airbnbs
Mountaineer Country Airbnbs
- Clarksburg: Ten acres of tent camping
- Morgantown: Trillium Acres Guest House
Metro Valley Airbnbs
Mid-Ohio Valley Airbnbs
- Parkersburg: Comfortable queen size bed. Wifi.
Mountain Lakes Airbnbs
New River / Greenbrier Valley Airbnbs
- Beckley: Tiny Rustic Bunkhouse / Off-Grid Living
- Bluefield: Adventurer's Rest / ATV Heaven
- Fayetteville: Charming Barn Loft
- Lewisburg: Downtown Artist Cottage with Sauna
Northern Panhandle Airbnbs
- Wellsburg: Secluded Artist-Writer-Spiritual Retreat
- Wheeling: Convenient-to-all-Wheeling-has-to-offer
Potomac Highlands Airbnbs
- Davis: The Cub House
- Elkins: Renovated Barn in Seneca Rocks
- Keyser: A bit of heaven for the nature lover
- Snowshoe: 24 Mountain Crest at Snowshoe
- Moorefield: Beautiful Log Cabin with View
Briet stressed that all homes referenced are intended purely to inspire and illustrate and that Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific home listings or any other homes on its platform.
Founded in 2008, the global travel marketplace offers access to millions of Airbnb venues in more than 191 countries.
Do you prefer to avoid Airbnb? No worries! West Virginia Explorer provides one of the most high-ranking directories for lodging available for West Virginia: