The following attractions are located within a half-hour’s drive of Snowshoe. Mileages are approximate. High-elevation attractions such as the Highland Scenic Highway may be closed in winter. Sudden snow squalls are common in the Snowshoe region: please take precautions when traveling through the highlands in winter.
Attractions within 30 minutes
- Cass Scenic Railroad State Park (10 miles/20 minutes)
- Green Bank Observatory (20 miles/35 minutes)
- Greenbrier River Trail (10 miles/20 minutes)
Attractions within an hour’s drive
- Highland Scenic Highway (25 miles/40 minutes)
- Beverly National Historic District (45 miles/one hour)
- Cranberry Glades Botanical Area (45 miles/one hour)
- Watoga State Park (45 miles/one hour)
- Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park (45 miles/one hour)
- Seneca State Forest (30 miles/one hour)
- Kumbrabow State Forest (35 miles/one hour)
- Falls of Hills Creek (50 miles/1.1 hours)
Other Allegheny Highlands attractions
The Snowshoe ski area is located in the southern Allegheny Highlands Region, in which further information on lodging, dining, attractions, and recreation may be found.