The following attractions are located within a half-hour’s drive of the Winterplace ski area. High-elevation attractions may be closed in winter. Snow squalls are common on Flat Top Mountain, so please take precautions when traveling through the highlands in winter. The 72,000 acre New River Gorge National River and the 4,300 acre Bluestone National Scenic River are located to the northeast and southeast of the resort.
Attractions withing 30 minutes
- Glade Springs Resort (10 miles/ 12 minutes
- Camp Creek State Park (13 miles/15 minutes)
- Camp Creek State Forest (14 miles/15 minutes)
- Little Beaver State Park (12 miles/15 minutes)
- Tamarack Arts Center (18 miles/20 minutes)
- Grandview (20 miles/25 minutes)
Attractions within an hour's drive
- Bluestone State Park (23 miles/41 minutes)
- Sandstone Falls (30 miles/55 minutes)
- Pipestem Resort State Park (30 miles/40 minutes)
- Pinnacle Rock State Park (30 miles/45 minutes)
Other Bluestone and New River Gorge attractions
Winterplace is located on the northern edge of the Bluestone Region and the southern edge of the New River Gorge Region. Further information on lodging, dining, attractions, and recreation may be found in either.