Cheat Lake, West Virginia (WV), is an unincorporated community in Monongalia County on Lake Lynn, known colloquially as Cheat Lake, an resevoir on the Cheat River. Lakeview Golf Resort and other hotels and vacation rentals accommodate tourists visiting the lake and nearby Morgantown. Cheat Lake may best be known as a travel center on Interstate 68 at its junction with the WV-43 expressway. Master-planned residential developments abound here.
Lodging near Cheat Lake, West Virginia
Parks & Public Recreation
The following parks and public recreation areas are located within 20 miles of Cheat Lake.
- Coopers Rock State Forest
- Chestnut Ridge Regional Park
- Snake Hill Wildlife Management Area
- Dorseys Knob Park (Morgantown)
- Edith Barill Riverfront Park (Star City)
- Hazel Ruby McQuain Park (Morgantown)
- Jack Roberts Park (Morgantown)
- Krepps Park (Morgantown)
- Marilla Park (Morgantown)
- Saint Markellas Park (Morgantown)
- White Park (Morgantown)
- West Virginia Botanic Garden
- Whitmore Park (Morgantown)
Cheat Lake is located approximately seven miles northeast of Morgantown, West Virginia, and 19 miles west of Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.
Map of Cheat Lake, West Virginia
Cheat Lake is located in the Monongahela Valley Region in northern West Virginia.