Looking for the ideal spooky venue for Halloween in West Virginia? West Virginia Explorer, in cooperation with WVGhosts.com, Saturday unleashed its list of the 10 most popular Halloween attractions in the Mountain State for 2018.
"Both WVExplorer.com and WVGhosts.com saw an increase in traffic, and I can say unquestionably at West Virginia Explorer that it was brought about by Fallout 76," he said.
Searches for information about monsters and haunted locations at West Virginia Explorer was increased by the thousands monthly as a result of the game, which is to be released to a general audience in November.
Expected to turn millions of gamers on to West Virginia, Sibray said the game takes place in an alternate version of the Mountain State annihilated by a nuclear war.
Many locales in the game are referenced in West Virginia, as is much folklore, including references to monsters that have been incorporated in the game.
- Hospital of Horrors — Trans-Allegheny Asylum, Weston, West Virginia
- Dungeon of Horrors — Old W.Va. Penitentiary, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Dark Carnival — Lake Shawnee, near Princeton, West Virginia
- Camden Park Spooktacular — Camden Amusement Park, Huntington, West Virginia
- Fright Nights at Glade Springs — Glade Springs Resort, Daniels, West Virginia
- Scareview — Old Fairview School, Saint Albans, West Virginia
- Nightmare in the Gorge — Ace Adventure Resort, Oak Hill, West Virginia
- Fear On The Farm — The Fear Farm, Winfield, West Virginia
- The Haunted Asylum at Camp Frame — Camp Frame, Hedgesville, West Virginia
- Hysteria Haunted Experience — Spencer Livestock Market, Spencer, West Virginia