The ultimate gift for a West Virginia state park fanatic, park system gift-cards for 2019 include eight bonus coupons for park amenities if purchased before Dec. 14, according to system spokeswoman Miranda Cope. Extras include —
- A buy-one, get-one-free admission to the fort at Pricketts Fort State Park.
- Free admission to the wildlife exhibit at Chief Logan State Park.
- Free admission to an amphitheater show at Pipestem Resort State Park in 2019.
- A mystery gift sent by mail when a “Something Extra” card is completed and mailed in.
- A free tram ride at Hawks Nest State Park, redeemable during open-hours in 2019.
- A free dessert with the purchase of an a la carte meal at the North Bend State Park restaurant.
- A waved green fee with the rental of motorized cart on 18-hole golf courses at Pipestem, Twin Falls, and Cacapon parks through Sept. 30.
- Also, card holders can visit the Leatherbark Fork Shop at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park to receive a discount at the Cass Company Store.
Gift cards may be used to pay for lodging in cabins and lodge rooms in state parks and forests and for dining, gift-shop purchases, and other activities that charge a fee when debit-credit card equipment is used.
“Giving a state-park gift card is a personal invitation to family and friends to visit a favorite park or forest,” Cope said. “Some people even buy a card for themselves just to get the extras.”
Cards may be purchased online at WVStateParks.com or by calling 304-558-2764.
While gift cards can be used any time for all purchases and services at all state parks, “Something Extra” cards have expiration dates in 2019.