SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources will host 12 in-person public meetings in mid-March 2023 to discuss proposed hunting, trapping, and fishing regulations, according to division director Brett McMillion.
The meetings are scheduled at various locations around the state on Monday, March 13, and Tuesday, March 14, from 6 to 8 p.m. All hunters, trappers, anglers, landowners, and other interested parties are invited to attend.
Attendees may comment on proposed 2023 hunting regulations for boar, black bear, wild turkey, and white-tailed deer and on proposed 2024–2025 general hunting and trapping regulations and proposed 2024 fishing regulations.
McMillion emphasized the need for members of the state's outdoor recreation community to attend the meetings.
“West Virginia’s hunting, fishing, and outdoor community is incredible, and we value their feedback at these open house-style meetings where folks can be part of making our state the best place for outdoor recreation,” McMillion said.
"This informal meeting style allows people to attend at their convenience during the scheduled meeting times, learn about proposed regulation changes, discuss these proposals with personnel from the Wildlife Resources and Law Enforcement sections, and comment on the proposed regulations and other wildlife-related issues."
Written comments from the public on these proposed hunting, trapping, and fishing regulations also are encouraged. The proposals will be posted online before the meetings at WVDNR.gov. The deadline to submit written comments on proposed regulations is April 3.
All who are interested in attending the meetings scheduled in their areas should note these dates and locations:
Monday, March 13
- Grafton – Tygart Lake State Park Lodge
- Martinsburg – Martinsburg Holiday Inn (I-81 exit 13)
- Elkins – DNR Operations Center (Ward Road)
- Beckley – Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center
- Milton - West Virginia Pumpkin Park (Park Office)
- Cairo – North Bend State Park
Tuesday, March 14
- Triadelphia – Cabela’s Wheeling (2nd-floor conference room)
- Moorefield - South Branch Inn (WV-220 at Corridor H)
- Sutton - Braxton County High School
- Lewisburg – State Fairgrounds (WVU Building)
- Logan - Chief Logan State Park Conference Center
- Parkersburg – Parkersburg City Building
Sign up to receive of FREE copy of West Virginia Explorer Magazine in your email weekly. SIGN ME UP!