Davy, West Virginia (WV), a community in McDowell County, was incorporated as Hallsville in 1948. Its name was changed to Davy in 1901. The town flourished as a residential community in a coal mining district on the main line of the Norfolk & Western Railroad, though since the decline of mining, its population has dwindled. Davy was named for its location near the mouth of Davy Branch and its left fork, colloquially known as Big Davy Creek and Little Davy Creek, on the Tug Fork River.
Lodging near Davy, West Virginia
Davy is located approximately 15 miles northwest of the McDowell County seat at Welch, West Virginia, and 15 miles west of Iaeger, West Virginia.
Map showing Davy, West Virginia
Davy is located in the Hatfield & McCoy Region in southern West Virginia.