Bridgeport, WV (West Virginia), a city in central Harrison County, was chartered in 1816 and named for the Simpson Creek Covered Bridge, built in 1803, the first bridge in Harrison County. The community was formerly the home of oil magnate Michael Benedum. It may be best known for its lodging and retail centers, including the Meadowbrook Mall, located off the I-79 and US-50 expressways and the nearby New Point, East Point and Meadowbrook Mall shopping centers. The Harrison-Marion Regional Airport is situated one mile northeast.
Lodging near Bridgeport, West Virginia
Parks & Public Recreation
The following parks and public recreation areas are located within 20 miles of the community.
- Bridgeport City Park (Bridgeport)
- Hinkle-Deegan Park (Bridgeport)
- Briarwood Park (Bridgeport)
- Jackson Park (Clarksburg)
- Clarksburg City Park (Clarksburg)
- Veterans Park (Clarksburg)
- Lowndes Park (Clarksburg)
- Tygart Lake State Park
- Watters Smith Memorial State Park
- Pruntytown Wildlife Management Area
Bridgeport, WV, is located five miles east of Clarksburg, West Virginia, five miles northeast of Anmoore, West Virginia, and 15 miles west of Grafton, West Virginia.
Map of Bridgeport, West Virginia
Bridgeport, WV, is located in the Monongahela Valley Region in northern West Virginia.