Leon, WV (West Virginia), a community on the Kanawha River in Mason County at the mouth of Thirteenmile Creek, was platted in 1840 by Benjamin Byram and was incorporated in 1872. Leon was called 'Cologne' until 1880.
A ferry was formerly located at Leon, connecting the community to settlements in the broad flats across the Kanawha at Southside. Today a boating access area is maintained by the state Division of Natural Resources at Leon on the Kanawha River.
The Panther Petroglyph, now located at the mouth of Kanawha River at Tu-Endie-Wei State Park, was formerly located at a farm Leon.
Population: 150 residents (2017)
Elevation: 568 feet above sea level
Lodging near Leon, West Virginia
Leon is located on highway WV-62 approximately 13 miles south of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, and 10 miles north of Buffalo, West Virginia.
Map of Leon, West Virginia
Leon is located in the Mid-Ohio Valley Region in western West Virginia near the Metro Valley Region.